Located in SE Calgary
Fish Creek West is named after Fish Creek Provincial Park—the beautiful urban park just steps away. It’s the largest urban park in Canada at over 5 sq. miles in size, with over 30 km of pathways.
One of our most cherished community partners, St. Mary’s University College, is just across from our community, and several shopping centres and medical facilities are conveniently located nearby.
14720 – 1st St. SE, Calgary, AB T2X 2A3
“When I first walked into the suite I was amazed with the amount of space. It’s bigger than the first two houses we lived in. I’m not looking into anyone else’s windows. I don’t feel I’m in an apartment.”
Sharyn Kraus, Fish Creek resident
Designed for Independence
Suites are available in 1 bedroom, 1 bed + den, and 2 bedroom options with four different floorplans available.
Every suite includes:
- Kitchenettes with Fridge and Quartz Countertops
- Bathrooms Designed with Grab Bars
- Slip Resistant Floors
- Step-in/Sit Showers
- Individual Climate Control with A/C
- Large Windows with Blinds
- All Major Utilities (including Cable and Wi-Fi)
- Telephone Service
- Some Suites with Balconies
- Some En Suites with Tubs
One of the top concerns among older adults and retired people is managing the money that’s been set aside. Living on a fixed income can be stressful when the fear of unexpected costs is lurking. With United Active Living’s flexible pricing options, you can say goodbye to those worries.
Prices below are monthly rental prices which include all the suite features, amenities, and services listed on this page. Residents can also opt for bundled service packages or a la carte services from our Wellness Program and/or Hospitality Program. For information about our Life Lease option, contact us.
1 Bedroom – Deluxe 1
1001 – 1101 sq. ft.
Starting from the $4,000’s/month
1 Bedroom + Den
1279 sq. ft.
Starting from the $5,000’s/month
Dining Your Way
Menu Service: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Fish Creek West offers four options for dining space: the formal dining room, a private dining room, the more casual bistro, and a room service option available for an additional fee. Residents have the freedom to choose what they eat, when to eat, and who to dine with.
Menus are designed to provide a variety of healthy and delicious meals, with some classic staples available every day for those who enjoy routine. Dietary restrictions, recommendations, and requirements made by residents’ doctors are accommodated.
Amenities Beyond Expectation
Fish Creek West has several amenities chosen to enrich the lives of our residents in support of holistic wellness. Amenities ranging from the library to the workshop to the spa encourage mental, physical, and emotional wellness.
Enjoy board games and card games with friends
Library with computer
Access a whole world of knowledge and stories in the library.
Give your overnight guests a comfortable and private space to stay.
Gym, spa, sauna and therapeutic hot tub.
Care for your physical and mental wellness.
Art studio and gallery with kiln and pottery wheels
Express yourself with paint, sculpture, fibre arts, and more 24 hours a day.
Craft something from wood with your own hands.
Watch a live show or take in a movie.
Expansive outdoor courtyard
Enjoy a stroll and some fresh air in the courtyard.
Second floor recreation area, food services, and balcony
Soak up some sun on the balcony.
As a resident of Fish Creek West, your lifestyle will include:
- As part of your lifestyle package you will receive a credit for meal services
- Access to our interdisciplinary professional health team – visiting doctor, clinical pharmacist and staff Registered Nurse (RN)
- 24-hour emergency response system monitored on-site by our Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) and trained staff
- Daily coffee and tea in the main floor bistro
- Professionally landscaped courtyard with putting green and bocce court
- Transportation for group shopping and outings
- Recreation and Social Activities
- Creative Expression Programs
- Access to All Common Amenity Rooms
- Water features and sculptures in courtyard
Additional personal services are available for a fee:
- Hair and Beauty Salon, Foot Care, Massage Therapy, Physiotherapy
- Optional weekly light housekeeping service
- Semi-annual/annual cleaning
- Linen and towel service
- Personal laundry
- Room service
- Transportation to appointments
Explore Fish Creek West through photos.