Life at Fish Creek
Arrange a Tour Today!
Anything is possible – words not commonly associated with an older adult community.
Unique in Canada, United’s Fish Creek community opens unlimited possibilities and choices. Living at Fish Creek you have a choice of luxurious, high-end suite designs with floor plans of all shapes and sizes. And it doesn’t stop there. Once you’ve chosen your perfect home, the United Experience begins…and it will surprise you. Our Fish Creek community has unique features such as an art gallery and studio (with a kiln!) and classes to keep learning interesting. There’s fine dining and you can have a beer or coffee with friends in the Bistro. Enjoy all types of entertainment, performances and lectures in the theatre. At Fish Creek anything is possible.
You can download our current Fish Creek Autumn Program Guide here
Located in south Calgary adjacent to the largest urban park in Canada, United’s Fish Creek community is made up of two buildings connected by a walkway and a professionally designed courtyard. Our research shows there is a direct connection between well-planned spaces and sense of well-being. This is the cornerstone of our Fish Creek community. Our buildings are designed to focus on independence and lifelong learning, encouraging good nutrition, physical activity and building strong social connections. You can do what you want, when you want and come and go as you please.
If you are interested specifically in a lifestyle that includes assisted living in Calgary, click on the Assisted Living & Memory Care photo below. Or if you’re interested in an entirely care-free, independent lifestyle, click on the Independent Living photo below.
The first of its kind in Canada, the two buildings at Fish Creek are masterfully designed as an integrative community to promote independence and well-being. After all, you don’t get to be 80 or 90 without experiencing some wear and tear on your body, but that doesn’t mean you have to give up your independence, nor the freedom to choose how you want to live. The Fish Creek community also has a variety of beautifully designed suites in all shapes and sizes to support any physical needs you may have. Our United Cares program and team of professionals provide holistic, personalized care designed so you can continue your independent lifestyle.
We’ve designed the two buildings in our Fish Creek community based on what we know older adults want and need in a community – independence, peace of mind and a strong social network.
Transform your experience of aging and live the United Life at Fish Creek.
Depending on which lifestyle you are interested in, as a resident of Fish Creek, your lifestyle will include:
- Access to our interdisciplinary professional health team – visiting doctor, clinical pharmacist and staff Registered Nurse (RN). Read more.
- Private support programs, including United Minds to support residents with cognitive decline. View or download our latest United Minds brochure.
- 24-hour emergency response system monitored on-site by our Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) and trained staff
- Daily, nutritious, full service meals and snacks prepared by our in-house Chef. Daily specials and our menu provide you with a variety of options, and you can choose to enjoy your meals in our friendly bistro or the elegant dining room. Our kitchen is open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. – choices are limitless.
- Daily coffee and tea in the main floor bistro and lower level lounge.
- Spa, sauna and therapeutic hot tub.
- Professionally landscaped courtyard with activity area.
- All in-suite utilities (major utilities including cable television and Wi-Fi).
- Telephone service including unlimited North American long distance.
- Weekly light housekeeping service.
- Recreation and social activities designed to engage, educate and entertain.
- Creative Expression programs facilitated by professionals.
- Access to all common amenity rooms and planned activities and events.
- Transportation for group shopping and outings.
Additional personal services are available:
- Hair and Beauty Salon, Foot Care, Massage Therapy, Physiotherapy.
- Move-in assistance
- Extra housekeeping.
- Semi-annual/annual cleaning.
- Linen and towel service.
- Personal laundry.
- Room service.
- Transportation to appointments.